Radical Keys brings you three classic keyboard instruments in a great-sounding package: the Rhodes Mk1, the Wurlitzer and the Pianet-T. All delivered through Reason Studios’ cutting edge Radical Engine, combining samples with physical modeling to bring out the character and quirks of these legendary instruments. What you get is an infinitely tweakable, instantly playable instrument whose sonic capabilities range from the ultra realistic to the utterly outlandish.
Thanks to its combination of samples and modeling, Radical Keys goes beyond just emulating those classic sounds. The Radical Engine lets you blend signals and modeling from different signal chains—clean line recording, amplifier and ambient room mic. You can mix and match between signal chains and even the different instruments until you get the sound you are after. Further stretch the sound with the Character-knob to make your piano more subdued if you want to keep it in the background, or turn it up to its agitated state to make it cut through any mix.
But above all, Radical Keys is a player’s instrument. It comes with over 100 hand-tuned presets in a variety of styles for ready-to-play, fabulous sounding instruments out of the box. Radical Keys’ powerful built-in effects chain means the patches come out full of character, ready to play.
The instruments were recorded at Sveriges Radio in Stockholm using a spare-no-expenses mix of vintage and state-of-the-art equipment. The recordings were carried out by a Grammy award-winning recording engineer to capture not only the sound, but the soul of these classic instruments.
- Three classic electric pianos: Rhodes Mk 1, Wurlitzer and Pianet T.
- Choose and blend between line-recorded, amplified and room mic signals.
- 101 instantly playable piano patches for any style of music and any style of playing.
- Tweak the instrument’s character by altering sympathetic resonance and envelope
- Set the level for the instrument’s mechanical noises such as key noise and pedal noise. Make it clean or make it rough.
- Adjustable velocity response lets you control how the instrument responds to your performance.
- Unique effect section designed specifically for Radical Keys. Consists of Tremolo, Compressor, Overdrive, EQ, Phaser, Chorus and Ambience processing.
All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Reason Studios. All trademarks are solely used to identify the products whose sound was sampled and studied during the development of Radical Keys.