Introducing a powerful rhythmic cutter effect. With the MURDER rack extension, it is possible to generate various arps and sequences with a few effects to create new complex rhythms for any incoming signal.
With GRID SIZE, you can cut incoming audio signals into slices in steps that are synced to your Reason project tempo. STEPS PER BEAT sets the number of steps that are grouped as one beat.
The RHYTHM MASK section includes up to 8 steps. Each step can be routed to various FX types and fx-hybrid variations. This part of the device is used to build new rhythms from scratch. The following are basic effects that can be routed to rhythm mask; 8 steps with 8 effect-variations:
- None (step is muted)
- Repeat (each step repeats audio from previous step)
- Gate + Repeat (hybrid fx)
- Pitch / Reverse (pitch transposed up/down one octave, steps played in reverse)
- Gate + Pitch / Reverse (hybrid fx)
- Repeat + Pitch / Reverse (hybrid fx)
- Gate + Repeat + Pitch / Reverse (hybrid fx)
In the GATE CREATOR section, you can control the Gate Depth and Length of gated steps before they are muted. This section also contains a Filter (HP/LP morph filter) for gated steps and a random filter per step.
The RECREATE section controls Repeat and RePitch effects. The REVERSE section controls playing mode in reverse with an offset. MURDER is a powerful creative engine for your tracks.